MAT is a substance use disorder treatment approach that combines medication with counseling, behavioral health therapies, and/ or mental health treatment.
- MAT medications can control the symptoms of substance use disorder such as withdrawal and cravings.
- MAT medications are closely monitored by our Team Members.
- Relapse may occur and is not a sign of failure. A routine review of the treatment plan may be necessary to determine if another method could be more effective.
MAT is individualized, patient-centered treatment and care in collaboration with medical and clinical team members. Ideally, these elements working together provide a successful patient outcome.
FDA Approved Medications – Behavioral Therapy & Counseling – Comprehensive Approach to the Treatment of Addiction
- Prevents physical dangers of withdrawal
- Mitigates withdrawal symptoms
- Relieves cravings
- Accelerates normalization of neurophysiology
- Aids emotional stability, success of therapy
- Individually directed ongoing review